The University has been using Learning Management System to facilitate the students to go through course material like PPTs, Videos, articles etc so that they can go through in them, as per their convenience.
What are the various programs offered by ICFAI University Jharkhand?
University offers Diploma, UG and PG and Doctoral programs. To view the complete list of the various courses offered by ICFAI University Jharkhand please https://www.iujharkhand.edu.in
Are the programs offered by ICFAI University Recognized?
Yes. ICFAI University Jharkhand offers all the programs as per regulations of UGC and the respective regulatory authorities .To know more on regulatory recognitions, please https://www.iujharkhand.edu.in/regulatory-recognitions.html
What is the minimum requirement to apply for a particular course in ICFAI University Jharkhand?
Eligibility requirements differ from Program to program. For detailed information, please check the programs offered by the University on our website.
How can I apply for the programs offered by the ICFAI University Jharkhand?
Applicant can apply after fulfilling the eligibility, online through the link provided on the Institute website under the admission page or may even download the filled application and send it to the Admissions Office.
Do I need to come down to ICFAI University campus / admission office to receive/submit the application form?
No, the application form is available online. You can fill the application online.
Where can I get program fee structure?
For details on program fee https://www.iujharkhand.edu.in/admission-program-fee.html
How can I apply online for a program?
To apply online https://www.iujharkhand.edu.in/online-registration.html
What are the selection procedures of various programs offered by the ICFAI University Jharkhand?
Candidates need to fulfill basic eligibility and qualify the Interview process which is mandatory for admission selection.
Can I apply for the program as an appearing candidate (Final Semester)?
Yes, you may apply as an appearing candidate (final semester) https://bitmesra.ac.in/Display_campus_faq?cid=1
Can I Change the Program after Admission?
Yes, you can change the Program, before commencement of the first semester or a specific date (to be announced by the University) subject to availability of Seats in that respective Program
Can the Application Fee be Waived/ Refunded in special cases?
Application fee is non-refundable in all cases.
Does the university provide Bus facility and is there any fee involved?
When do I have to pay for my semester fee?
All semester fee and Bus fee are payable before commencement of new Semester.
What are the modes of payment?
Debit Card, Credit Card, Net Banking, Demand Draft and Online Payment. Cash Payments are NOT accepted
Is there any Management/Reservation Quota?
No. All admissions are awarded strictly on merit and there are no such provisions of management quota, reserved seats.
Is hostel accommodation available in the University campus?
No however, there are a number of private hostels available nearby the campus.
Does ICFAI University Jharkhand offer any scholarship?
Yes, University offers various “Merit Scholarship” based on past academic record and Merit Scholarship in Semester II to last semester.Terms and Conditions for the award of the Merit Scholarship is specified in the Student Handbook. University also provides support for availing E-Kalyan scholarship of Government of Jharkhand.
What is the attendance requirement?
Minimum 75% attendance is mandatory to appear for Semester Exams.
Are any extracurricular activities promoted and are facilities available for training/practice at ICFAI University Jharkhand, where I can improve upon my skills?
Student Activities is at the core of the philosophy of education at ICFAI University, Jharkhand. Co-curricular and extra-curricular activities are very much a part of the day to day life on campus. It helps in the student’s overall growth and personality development.
Is any sector specific knowledge provided?
In addition to the on-campus academic inputs, students are encouraged and empowered to qualify in sector specific value addition certifications that would enable them to take up specialized jobs.
How is the performance of the student assessed in the program?
In the UG programs, performance of the student is assessed through a continuous evaluation process throughout the period of study. Students are evaluated on the basis of assignments, seminars, projects, mid and end semester examinations.
What kind of support the university provides for placement?
The training and placement wing at the University looks after the training and placement activities on a continuing basis. The team evaluates student performance levels and ensures relevant preparation for their corporate placements.
Is any practical/industry exposure provided?
The Summer Internship Program and online internship is undertaken after the second and fourth semester of each program and is faculty-supervised. The Summer Internship Program equip the students with practical application skills relevant to various situations.
Are any corporate lectures arranged for student?
Yes, University arranges corporate talk from industry expert from different domain from time to time. For more details https://www.iujharkhand.edu.in/guest-lectures.html
Does the university provide placement support?
Yes. The Corporate Relationship Cell of the University looks after the training and placement activities on a continuous basis. While the University provides guidance, support and network with potential employers, the students have the responsibility to put in the maximum possible efforts to obtain suitable placements.
Where can I find the placement details of graduated students?
To get the details on placement details of graduated students https://www.iujharkhand.edu.in/placements.html
Does the University have strong Industry –Academic interface?
IUJ conducts seminars in association with industry and conducts Industry-Academia Interface events wherein industry leaders and the University discuss employability opportunity for the students. To know more Click: https://www.iujharkhand.edu.in/industry-interface.html
Can I see the walk through the campus as I am unable to visit the campus physically?
Click to watch the video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b7PwBmveDtI
Is there any dress code or uniform for the students?
Where can students purchase Uniforms?
There are various shops in the city which provide University Uniform.
Is it necessary for the parents to attend/ accompany children during counseling?
No. It is not mandatory for parents to attend/accompany children during counseling. But it is mandatory for the parent or the guardian to attend parents-teachers meets that are conducted periodically.
How can I get communication from University related to admission?
You can chat with us by providing mobile number and can get communication on your queries.
Whom should I contact for documents submitted during admission?
You can contact admission office.
Is there any domicile concession provided?
Yes. In order to avail it, you have to produce domicile certificate, issued by the concerned government authorities
What is the official website of ICFAI University Jharkhand?
What is the address of Admission Office?
The ICFAI University Jharkhand
Plot No: 315/B,Road No 3,
Ashok Nagar, Ranchi-834002
Plot No. 2065,DaladaliChowk,
Simalia,Near Ring Road,
Ranchi - 835222,Jharkhand.
How to contact if I am located outside Ranchi?
You may get details of our other point of contact from website or To know our point of contact outside Ranchi Click: https://www.iujharkhand.edu.in/contact.html
What are the contact details of Admission Office?
Phone No.: 072570-04501, 072570-04504
1. Is ICFAI University, Jharkhand recognized by UGC? Yes, The ICFAI University, Jharkhand, is established under sub-section 2 of section 4 of Institute of Chartered Financial Analysts of India University Act, 2006 (Jharkhand Act 08, 2007). The University is empowered by UGC to award Degrees.
2. Does the University offer any fee concession to domicile students of Jharkhand? Yes, The University offers attractive fee concession to the domicile students of Jharkhand. Please refer the prospectus for more details.
3. Do the banks provide educational loans to the students? Several public and private sector banks provide educational loans to the students. Applicants seeking educational loans may approach banks in their respective cities/towns for availing the loans.
4. If I do an Undergraduate program from ICFAI University, Jharkhand, can I apply for admission for a master's degree program in a Foreign University? Yes. Students can pursue higher education in a Foreign University. The students will be awarded Degree by ICFAI University, Jharkhand, which is empowered by UGC to award Degrees under section 22 of UGC Act 1956
5. Does the University have qualified and trained faculty? Yes. The University plays a significant role in ensuring quality education through an interactive teaching methodology by its experienced and trained faculty. The faculties bring their extensive knowledge, professional experience and advanced education to their tasks at the University. The faculty members have very good academic backgrounds from leading institutions. The Faculty of Science and Technology has staff from leading Engineering/Technology institutions such as IITs and NITs having sound conceptual knowledge in their respective disciplines. The Faculty of Management Studies has staff from leading management Institutions. Most of the faculty members are practicing professionals and academicians drawn from the industry and leading institutions.
6. Does the University have its own Campus? The University has acquired 6.78 acres of land in Hochar, on the outskirts of Ranchi and plans to acquire some more land. Construction of full-fledged campus is going on. Currently, the University is operating out of leased premises with adequate infrastructure to effectively run its programs.
7. How do I contact the University for information? You can visit the campus located at Ranchi, Jharkhand. Students can also visit the website: https://www.iujharkhand.edu.in. Alternatively,you can contact firstname.lastname@example.org OR Call up 0651-2243103, 2245178, 9204062414 for further information Click here for Virtual Campus Tour
1. What is the difference between a part-time Ph.D. Program and a full time Ph.D. Program?
The Scholars enrolling for a full time Ph.D Program, have to attend the program regularly for the entire duration of the program. A number of working professionals (in Industry and Academia) are keen to pursue Ph.D Program but are unable to attend the classes regularly for the entire duration of the program. Part-time Ph.D Program is advantageous for them, as it offers flexibility and convenience, without sacrificing quality. Scholars can pursue the part-time program at their own pace, subject to the rules and regulations of the University
2. I have two years of work experience. Am I eligible?
No. A minimum 3 years of work experience in Industry/Banking/Financial Services/Government/Academia etc., is essential to apply for the Program.
3. I have a Post Graduate Degree in Humanities and have 5 years of experience in a Bank. Am I eligible?
Yes, you are eligible to apply for the program provided you have secured a minimum of 55% of marks in the Post Graduate degree examination. Candidates with 55% and above marks with minimum 3 years of work experience in Industry/Banking/Financial Services/Government/Academic etc., are eligible to apply for the program. No. A minimum 3 years of work experience in Industry/Banking/Financial Services/Government/Academia etc., is essential to apply for the Program.
4.Is there an Admission Test and Interview for admission into the Ph.D.Program?
Yes. Selection of applicants into the Ph.D. Program is made through Application, Research Aptitude Test and Interview.
5.What is Research Aptitude Test? What type of questions can be expected in Research Aptitude Test ?
Research Aptitude Test is the admission selection test. Please see the specimen test paper to understand about the details of the test
6.What is the total monetary investment required such as course fee, exam fee, research fee, fellowship fee etc
Admission fee is Rs 10,000. Program Fee is Rs 35,000 per semester for students domiciled in Jharkhand and Rs 40,000 per semester for non-domiciled students. No other fee is payable.
7. Can I take a break in between and rejoin the program?
Yes. You can take a break and rejoin the program. However, permission will be given only in exceptional cases. The duration of the program is four years from the date of admission. The students can complete the program within a maximum period of six years.
8.Will we have to choose the guide and research topic on our own ?
Research topic has to be selected by the research scholar under the guidance of the Research Supervisor. Guide / Research Supervisor will be allocated by IUJ, depending on the research interest of the student, as indicated during the interview
9. What support will the University provide me in the Research work?
The University will allocate a Research Supervisor to the student, based on his/her area of research interest. The student can access the knowledge resources of the University, as needed.
10. What is the role of the Research Supervisor?
The role of the Research Supervisor is to guide the student in the research work and monitor the progress of the research work.
11. What are the subjects involved, availability of study material and any other activities ?
Course Work consists of 2 courses. Course work-1 is a general course and Course work-2 is focused on the Elective, related to the research area of the scholar. Course material will be provided by IU Jharkhand.
12. Is it mandatory to publish a research paper? Where is it to be published?
Yes, it is mandatory to publish a research paper. All students are required to publish at least one research paper in their chosen area in a refereed journal before submission of their thesis. A list of such journals will be provided to students.
13. What will be the Examination procedure ?
Examination will be conducted in Course Work at the end of semester-1, as per the regulations of IU Jharkhand.
14. Where will be the viva-voce is held?
The Viva Voce will be held usually at the University campus in Ranchi. Otherwise, it can held through video-conferencing mode also.
15. How many times will I have to travel to Ranchi (apart from contact sessions) ?
Once in each semester
16. Do we need to go to Jharkhand at the end of every semester ?
Yes, you need to visit Ranchi every semester to present progress of research.
17. Will the University provide accommodation for stay in Ranchi for the contact sessions?
No. The student has to make his/her own arrangement for accommodation for stay during contact sessions. However, the University can facilitate the process that may be needed.
1. Does the B.Tech program offered by ICFAI University, Jharkhand have AICTE approval?
The ICFAI University, Jharkhand, is established under sub-section 2 of section 4 of ICFAI University Act, 2006 (Jharkhand Act 08, 2007). The University is empowered by UGC to award Degrees under section 22 of UGC Act.
As per the Supreme Court Judgment given in Bharathidasan University Vs AICTE Case, the programs run by a university do not require AICTE approval. Only institutes and colleges affiliated to a University are required to take the AICTE approval to run the B.Tech program. So, it does not require the AICTE approval to offer the B.Tech program.
2. How many branches of engineering are offered in the B.Tech program?
B.Tech program is offered in 2 branches. (Civil Engineering, Computer Science & Engineering, and Mechanical Engineering).
3. Is it mandatory to attend all the Internship programs?
Yes. All three Internship programs are an integral part of the program
4. What kind of placement assistance is provided?
The University looks after the placement activities on a full time and continuous basis. Utmost importance is given to placement-related activities to ensure that all the students secure suitable placements.
Placement Managers of the University are responsible for developing and maintaining relationships with reputed organizations, assessing requirements and organizing recruitments for students.
The University organizes training and counseling sessions for students to improve their knowledge, skills and attitude and thus develop exposure.
The institution expects the students to participate actively in placement activities organized to reap maximum benefits.
5. Are students who have passed B.Tech from ICFAI University, Jharkhand, eligible to pursue further studies like MS and M.Tech in India and Abroad?
Yes. The students can pursue higher education in India and Abroad. The students will be awarded B.Tech Degree by ICFAI University, Jharkhand, which is empowered by UGC to award Degrees under section 22 of UGC Act 1956.