The University has been using Learning Management System to facilitate the students to go through course material like PPTs, Videos, articles etc so that they can go through in them, as per their convenience.
1. Is ICFAI University, Jharkhand recognized by UGC? Yes, The ICFAI University, Jharkhand, is established under sub-section 2 of section 4 of Institute of Chartered Financial Analysts of India University Act, 2006 (Jharkhand Act 08, 2007). The University is empowered by UGC to award Degrees.
2. Does the University offer any fee concession to domicile students of Jharkhand? Yes, The University offers attractive fee concession to the domicile students of Jharkhand. Please refer the prospectus for more details.
3. Do the banks provide educational loans to the students? Several public and private sector banks provide educational loans to the students. Applicants seeking educational loans may approach banks in their respective cities/towns for availing the loans.
4. If I do an Undergraduate program from ICFAI University, Jharkhand, can I apply for admission for a master's degree program in a Foreign University? Yes. Students can pursue higher education in a Foreign University. The students will be awarded Degree by ICFAI University, Jharkhand, which is empowered by UGC to award Degrees under section 22 of UGC Act 1956
5. Does the University have qualified and trained faculty? Yes. The University plays a significant role in ensuring quality education through an interactive teaching methodology by its experienced and trained faculty. The faculties bring their extensive knowledge, professional experience and advanced education to their tasks at the University. The faculty members have very good academic backgrounds from leading institutions. The Faculty of Science and Technology has staff from leading Engineering/Technology institutions such as IITs and NITs having sound conceptual knowledge in their respective disciplines. The Faculty of Management Studies has staff from leading management Institutions. Most of the faculty members are practicing professionals and academicians drawn from the industry and leading institutions.
6. Does the University have its own Campus? The University has acquired 6.78 acres of land in Hochar, on the outskirts of Ranchi and plans to acquire some more land. Construction of full-fledged campus is going on. Currently, the University is operating out of leased premises with adequate infrastructure to effectively run its programs.
7. How do I contact the University for information? You can visit the campus located at Ranchi, Jharkhand. Students can also visit the website: https://www.iujharkhand.edu.in. Alternatively,you can contact firstname.lastname@example.org OR Call up 0651-2243103, 2245178, 9204062414 for further information Click here for Virtual Campus Tour
1. What is the difference between a part-time Ph.D. Program and a full time Ph.D. Program?
The Scholars enrolling for a full time Ph.D Program, have to attend the program regularly for the entire duration of the program. A number of working professionals (in Industry and Academia) are keen to pursue Ph.D Program but are unable to attend the classes regularly for the entire duration of the program. Part-time Ph.D Program is advantageous for them, as it offers flexibility and convenience, without sacrificing quality. Scholars can pursue the part-time program at their own pace, subject to the rules and regulations of the University
2. I have two years of work experience. Am I eligible?
No. A minimum 3 years of work experience in Industry/Banking/Financial Services/Government/Academia etc., is essential to apply for the Program.
3. I have a Post Graduate Degree in Humanities and have 5 years of experience in a Bank. Am I eligible?
Yes, you are eligible to apply for the program provided you have secured a minimum of 55% of marks in the Post Graduate degree examination. Candidates with 55% and above marks with minimum 3 years of work experience in Industry/Banking/Financial Services/Government/Academic etc., are eligible to apply for the program. No. A minimum 3 years of work experience in Industry/Banking/Financial Services/Government/Academia etc., is essential to apply for the Program.
4.Is there an Admission Test and Interview for admission into the Ph.D.Program?
Yes. Selection of applicants into the Ph.D. Program is made through Application, Research Aptitude Test and Interview.
5.What is Research Aptitude Test? What type of questions can be expected in Research Aptitude Test ?
Research Aptitude Test is the admission selection test. Please see the specimen test paper to understand about the details of the test
6.What is the total monetary investment required such as course fee, exam fee, research fee, fellowship fee etc
Admission fee is Rs 10,000. Program Fee is Rs 35,000 per semester for students domiciled in Jharkhand and Rs 40,000 per semester for non-domiciled students. No other fee is payable.
7. Can I take a break in between and rejoin the program?
Yes. You can take a break and rejoin the program. However, permission will be given only in exceptional cases. The duration of the program is four years from the date of admission. The students can complete the program within a maximum period of six years.
8.Will we have to choose the guide and research topic on our own ?
Research topic has to be selected by the research scholar under the guidance of the Research Supervisor. Guide / Research Supervisor will be allocated by IUJ, depending on the research interest of the student, as indicated during the interview
9. What support will the University provide me in the Research work?
The University will allocate a Research Supervisor to the student, based on his/her area of research interest. The student can access the knowledge resources of the University, as needed.
10. What is the role of the Research Supervisor?
The role of the Research Supervisor is to guide the student in the research work and monitor the progress of the research work.
11. What are the subjects involved, availability of study material and any other activities ?
Course Work consists of 2 courses. Course work-1 is a general course and Course work-2 is focused on the Elective, related to the research area of the scholar. Course material will be provided by IU Jharkhand.
12. Is it mandatory to publish a research paper? Where is it to be published?
Yes, it is mandatory to publish a research paper. All students are required to publish at least one research paper in their chosen area in a refereed journal before submission of their thesis. A list of such journals will be provided to students.
13. What will be the Examination procedure ?
Examination will be conducted in Course Work at the end of semester-1, as per the regulations of IU Jharkhand.
14. Where will be the viva-voce is held?
The Viva Voce will be held usually at the University campus in Ranchi. Otherwise, it can held through video-conferencing mode also.
15. How many times will I have to travel to Ranchi (apart from contact sessions) ?
Once in each semester
16. Do we need to go to Jharkhand at the end of every semester ?
Yes, you need to visit Ranchi every semester to present progress of research.
17. Will the University provide accommodation for stay in Ranchi for the contact sessions?
No. The student has to make his/her own arrangement for accommodation for stay during contact sessions. However, the University can facilitate the process that may be needed.
1. Does the B.Tech program offered by ICFAI University, Jharkhand have AICTE approval?
The ICFAI University, Jharkhand, is established under sub-section 2 of section 4 of ICFAI University Act, 2006 (Jharkhand Act 08, 2007). The University is empowered by UGC to award Degrees under section 22 of UGC Act.
As per the Supreme Court Judgment given in Bharathidasan University Vs AICTE Case, the programs run by a university do not require AICTE approval. Only institutes and colleges affiliated to a University are required to take the AICTE approval to run the B.Tech program. So, it does not require the AICTE approval to offer the B.Tech program.
2. How many branches of engineering are offered in the B.Tech program?
B.Tech program is offered in 2 branches. (Civil Engineering, Computer Science & Engineering, and Mechanical Engineering).
3. Is it mandatory to attend all the Internship programs?
Yes. All three Internship programs are an integral part of the program
4. What kind of placement assistance is provided?
The University looks after the placement activities on a full time and continuous basis. Utmost importance is given to placement-related activities to ensure that all the students secure suitable placements.
Placement Managers of the University are responsible for developing and maintaining relationships with reputed organizations, assessing requirements and organizing recruitments for students.
The University organizes training and counseling sessions for students to improve their knowledge, skills and attitude and thus develop exposure.
The institution expects the students to participate actively in placement activities organized to reap maximum benefits.
5. Are students who have passed B.Tech from ICFAI University, Jharkhand, eligible to pursue further studies like MS and M.Tech in India and Abroad?
Yes. The students can pursue higher education in India and Abroad. The students will be awarded B.Tech Degree by ICFAI University, Jharkhand, which is empowered by UGC to award Degrees under section 22 of UGC Act 1956.