BCA (DS & AI) Program
- The BCA (DS & AI) program provides a sound academic base in computer skills and applications from which an advanced career in computer applications can be developed.
- The students get a good conceptual grounding in computer usage and its practical business applications with focus on Data Sciences and Artificial Intelligence of IT and prepares students for a career in the field of Business Analytics, AI / ML etc. or pursue MCA or MBA degree program in due course.
- The BCA (DS & AI) at ICFAI Jharkhand is popular among students from Ranchi, Jamshedpur, Bokaro Steel City, Dhanbad, Deoghar, Hazaribagh, Giridih, Ramgarh, Medininagar, Chirkunda of Jharkhand state, Patna, Muzaffarpur, Bhagalpur, Nawada, Siwan of Bihar state. A small number of current batch students also come from Kolkata, Durgapur, Kharagpur, and Purulia of West Bengal state.
Award of Degree
Students who successfully complete the BCA (DS & AI) Program will be awarded the 'Bachelor of Computer Applications' Degree by the University subject to University regulations.
- 3 Years
- Pass in 10+2 or its equivalent with 40% and above aggregate marks in any discipline; Students awaiting final examination results may also eligible to apply.
- The BCA (DS & AI)Program consists of 37 courses (excluding labs) covered in six semesters spread over three years.
- Students are also required to do Internship / Project after completion of first and second year.
|BCA (DS & AI) Program|
Internship / Project
Generic/Open Electives from Computer Science :
Database Management System using
Oracle and SQL-Server, Geographical Information System, Data ware House and Data
Mining, UNIX Lab, Constitution of India, Probability & Statistics, Operation Research,
Indian Heritage, Fundamental of Finance and Accounting – Tally, Business Law, Principles
Electives During the 5th and 6th semester, students are exposed to elective courses in their respective field of specialization. These elective courses provide an understanding of the specialized focus fields.
The fee for each program is mentioned in the table below.
|BCA (DS & AI) Program Fee|
|Program||Admission Fee Rs.||Semester Fee Rs.||Caution Deposit Rs.|
|Domicile||Non - Domicile|
|BCA (DS & AI)||5,000||30,000||33,000||5,000|
Note : Applicants in their final year of Qualifying Examinations also can apply for all regular programs
- Students are required to pay a Caution Deposit as mentioned in the table above along with the first semester fee.
- It will be refunded without interest and after adjusting for dues, (if any), to the students on completion of the respective program.
Fee payments can be made in any of the following modes.
- By way of Bank Demand Draft drawn on a Scheduled Commercial Bank in favor of "The ICFAI University, Jharkhand - Fee Collection A/c" payable at Ranchi, Jharkhand.
- Through Credit Card or Debit Card at the University. c) Through NEFT, as per the following details:
|Bank Account Name||The ICFAI University, Jharkhand - Fee Collection A/c|
|Type of Account||Current Account|
|Bank Name||HDFC Bank|
The following details should be provided to the University by the students on remittance of fee through NEFT:
|Student Details||Remittance Details|
|Name of the student:||Name of the Bank:|
|Application No. / Enrollment No.||IFSC Code:|
|Program / Batch:||UTR No.|
|Fee details||Bank Acknowledgement of NEFT Form|
Fee payment by cash is not accepted.
Any requests for withdrawals, refunds will be processed as per the prevailing UGC Notification, with regard to Refund of fees and non-retention of Original Certificates.
Following are the details of the Merit Scholarships, offered by The ICFAI University, Jharkhand.
A. Merit Scholarships based on past academic record:
Percentage of marks achieved in qualifying examination will decide the amount of scholarship. Scholarship amount can be adjusted in the Semester I fee payable.
|Performance in Qualifying Exam||Scholarship amount
(% of semester fee)
|Marks in %||CGPA|
|>= 90%||>= 9.9||50%|
|>= 80% and <90%||>= 8.8 and < 9 .9||40%|
|>= 70% and <80%||>= 7.7 and < 8.8||30%|
|>= 60% and < 70%||>= 6.5 and < 7.7||20%|
B. Merit Scholarship in Semester II to last semester:
|Based on previous semester performance (GPA)||Scholarship amount (% of semester fee)|
|Top 5% of the class||50%|
|Next 5% of the class||30%|
*Remarks: Only if no. of students in the class is 20 or more.
Note: Terms and Conditions for the award of the Merit Scholarship will be specified in the Student Handbook.