The B.Com (Hons.) Program
- The Bachelor of Commerce [B.Com (Hons.)] Program is a 3-year campus based program offered by the University with a view to impart in-depth knowledge and broad understanding of accounting and financial management.
- Currently Honours is offered in three disciplines namely; Banking Financial Services and Insurance (BFSI), Finance and Accounting (FA) and Computer Applications (CA).
- The curriculum of B.Com (Hons.) program provides carefully selected subject combination of accountancy, economics, management & decision science, banking & insurance and commercial law.
- The program prepares the students with the knowledge, skills and attitude to meet the challenges of the modern day business organizations and also equips them to pursue MCom or MBA degree program and other professional courses further or a career in Banking / Financial Services / Insurance / Corporates.
- 3 years
- Pass in 10+2 or equivalent (any discipline) inclusive of Commerce with 40% and above aggregate marks; Students awaiting final examination results may also eligible to apply.
- The three year B.Com (Hons.) degree program consists of 36 courses covered in six semesters.
- During 5th and 6th semester, students are exposed to elective courses in their respective field of specialization.
- The actual offering of electives will however, depend on optimal number of students opting for the same elective.
|Internship / Project|
|Internship / Project|
Honours Discipline Electives:
A student should choose all the 4 Honours Discipline Electives in the same chosen Honours Discipline. A student has the option of choosing Dissertation/ Project Work in place of one Discipline Course in 5th semester
Discipline offered for Honours:
Banking: Banking Services Operations, Central Banking, Commercial Banking, Credit Management, Rural banking & Microfinance, Corporate Banking, SME Banking, International Banking;
Financial services: Securities Analysis, Management of Financial Institutions, Financial Risk Management, Portfolio Management and Mutual funds, Personal financial Planning, Wealth management, Investment Banking and financial services;
Insurance: Life Insurance, General Insurance, Risk & Insurance, Claims Management, Underwriting Management, Principles and Practice of Re-insurance.
ii) Finance: Securities Analysis, Management of Financial Institutions, Financial Risk Management, Portfolio Management and Mutual funds, Personal financial Planning, Wealth management, Investment Banking and financial Services, Indirect Taxes and GST, FinTech.
Accounting: Advanced Management Accounting, Advanced Financial Accounting
iii) Computer Applications: Database Management Systems, Web Technologies, Data Warehousing and Data Mining, Mobile Computing and Wireless Mark-up Language, IT Infrastructure Management, IT Project Management, Multi-media Systems, Intranet Administration.
Humanities: Current Affairs, Indian Society and Culture.
Students who successfully complete the B.Com (Hons.) Program will be awarded the 'Bachelor of Commerce (Hons.)'' Degree by the University subject to University regulations.
|B.Com Hons. Program Fee|
|Program||Admission Fee Rs.||Semester Fee Rs.||Caution Deposit Rs.|
|Domicile||Non - Domicile|
Note : Applicants in their final year of Qualifying Examinations also can apply for all regular programs