- Latest IT and Communication Technologies like Artificial Intelligence, Cloud Computing, Block-Chain, GIS, Remote Sensing and Satellite Image Processing have been transforming Agriculture Management to improve Farm Productivity, improve Access to Markets and enhance Supply-Chain Efficiency so that the growers as well as the consumers are benefited immensely.
- Digital Transformation of Agriculture Management will impact the current roles of the various stakeholders that are involved in agriculture value-chain, like farming, rural credit providers, agri-input companies, food processing organisations, wholesalers and retailers of agri-products, policy makers and implementers in Government etc.
- It will also create New Technology-enabled Roles. All the employees in these sectors need to re-skill themselves with relevant digital skills so as to enable them to perform their current roles better , seize the new job opportunities and grow professionally.
- Duration of the program is 8 weeks and will be delivered in blended mode - Self-study of Study Material using Digital Learning Management System and Online Classes (2 hours) on Sundays.
- 8 weeks, 2 hours of online contact classes per week (on every Sunday)
- Graduates in any discipline from a UGC recognised University or Institution.
Medium of Instruction
- The medium of instruction for the program is English.
- Key drivers of Digital Transformation in Agriculture Sector.
- Role of Emerging ICT tools in agricultural development and management
- Gain awareness of the forward-looking technologies like Artificial Intelligence, Mobile Computing, Remote Sensing and Big Data Analytics and their application in agriculture management
- Application of Digital Tools in the entire Value-Chain of Agriculture Management
- Acquire Digital Skills for day-to-day working in the New Normal Work Environment
|Week||Module||Key take aways|
|1||Overview of Indian Agriculture and Agri-business sector||
|2||Role of Technology in Farming and Allied Agriculture activities||
|3||Application of Digital Technologies in Agricultural Marketing||
|4||Global prospective for Agricultural Market||
|7||Digital Transformation of Agriculture Management||
|8||Case Studies on Digital Agri-business Management||
- Digital Study Material uploaded on the University's Digital Learning Portal, “Swaadhyay” so that the participants can study them at their convenience
- Online Interactive Contact Classes using Video-Conference
- Interactive Case Study Discussions using Video-Conferencing
- Assignments/ Quizzes through Swaadhyay Digital Learning Management System
- All participants will be awarded Certificate in Digital Agriculture Management from the ICFAI UNIVERSITY, JHARKHAND, on successful completion of the Program .
|Program Director||Prof. Kaushal Kumar Sinha
|Major Resource Persons||Prof. O R S Rao
|Prof (Dr) Hari Haran
Prof ( Dr ) Satyendra Kishore)
|Prof. Arvind Kumar
|Prof (Dr.) BhagabatBarik
|Prof. SSP Shukla
|Prof ( Dr.) Sudipta Majumdar
- Candidates can apply online by visiting the website of the University at www.iujharkhand.edu.in and register for the program, online and pay the program fees.
The fee for the program is Rs. 4,000, which is payable on application. Payment can be made by any of the following modes:
- Demand Draft payable to The ICFAI University, Jharkhand - Fee Collection A/c at Ranchi, India
- Internet banking using Credit Card/Debit Card/NEFT (as per details mentioned below)
|Bank Account Name||The ICFAI University, Jharkhand - Fee Collection A/c|
|Type of Account||Current Account|
|Bank Name||HDFC Bank|
The ICFAI University, Jharkhand,
#2065, Daladali Chowk, Simalia,
Near Ring Road, Ranchi - 835 222, Jharkhand.
Ph: 8709445599, 072570-04501 to 504
#315/B, First Floor, Road No. 3, Ashok Nagar,
Ranchi - 834 002, Jharkhand,
Cell: 9714954099 & 8709445599.