Diploma in Technology (Polytechnic) Program
- The Diploma in Technology (Polytechnic) Program is a three-year, six-semester, full- time, campus-based program, offered in Computer Science & Engineering (CSE), Mechanical Engineering (ME) and Mining Engineering.
- The Program provides cutting edge education to equip students with comprehensive and critical understanding in Engineering.
- The program prepares the students for careers in Engineering and also equips them to pursue B.Tech in lateral entry into second year (3rd semester) of B.Tech program of the respective Engineering branch.
Award of Degree
Students who successfully complete the Program will be awarded the 'Diploma in Technology' from the University subject to University regulations.
- 3 Years
- Pass in Class X with 45% and above aggregate marks with pass in each of the subjects- Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry.
- The applicant should fulfill the minimum age requirements as prescribed by the respective board through which the applicant has appeared for the qualifying examination.
- Diploma of Technology consists of 36 courses (excluding labs) covered in six semesters spread over three years.
- Students are also required to do Internship / Project after completion of second year.
|Summer Internship Program|
Written Test: Candidates for Diploma Program have to appear for a Written Test, as per the University regulations. Date(s) and Place of the test will be communicated to the eligible candidates, later.
The fee for each program is mentioned in the table below.
|Diploma-in-Technology Program Fee|
|Program||Admission Fee Rs.||Semester Fee Rs.||Caution Deposit Rs.|
|Domicile||Non - Domicile|
Note : Applicants in their final year of Qualifying Examinations also can apply for all regular programs
- Students are required to pay a Caution Deposit as mentioned in the table above along with the first semester fee.
- It will be refunded without interest and after adjusting for dues, (if any), to the students on completion of the respective program.
Fee payments can be made in any of the following modes.
- By way of Bank Demand Draft drawn on a Scheduled Commercial Bank in favor of "The ICFAI University, Jharkhand - Fee Collection A/c" payable at Ranchi, Jharkhand.
- Through Credit Card or Debit Card at the University. c) Through NEFT, as per the following details:
|Bank Account Name||The ICFAI University, Jharkhand - Fee Collection A/c|
|Type of Account||Current Account|
|Bank Name||HDFC Bank|
The following details should be provided to the University by the students on remittance of fee through NEFT:
|Student Details||Remittance Details|
|Name of the student:||Name of the Bank:|
|Application No. / Enrollment No.||IFSC Code:|
|Program / Batch:||UTR No.|
|Fee details||Bank Acknowledgement of NEFT Form|
Fee payment by cash is not accepted.
Any requests for withdrawals, refunds will be processed as per the prevailing UGC Notification, with regard to Refund of fees and non-retention of Original Certificates.
Following are the details of the Merit Scholarships, offered by The ICFAI University, Jharkhand.
A. Merit Scholarships based on past academic record:
Percentage of marks achieved in qualifying examination will decide the amount of scholarship. Scholarship amount can be adjusted in the Semester I fee payable.
|Performance in Qualifying Exam||Scholarship amount
(% of semester fee)
|Marks in %||CGPA|
|>= 90%||>= 9.9||50%|
|>= 80% and <90%||>= 8.8 and < 9 .9||40%|
|>= 70% and <80%||>= 7.7 and < 8.8||30%|
|>= 60% and < 70%||>= 6.5 and < 7.7||20%|
B. Merit Scholarship in Semester II to last semester:
|Based on previous semester performance (GPA)||Scholarship amount (% of semester fee)|
|Top 5% of the class||50%|
|Next 5% of the class||30%|
*Remarks: Only if no. of students in the class is 20 or more.
Note: Terms and Conditions for the award of the Merit Scholarship will be specified in the Student Handbook.